Office du Tourisme de Marne et Gondoire

Lagny-sur-Marne

Notre-Dame des Ardents Abbey-Church

It was created in 650 after Jesus Christ by Saint Fursy. This abbey- church is unfinished and only contains a choir and the beginning of a transept.

The choir is quite original because it was constructed in a gothic style. At the heart of it, you can see the ruins of the nave (12th century). In the axe chapel (consecrated to Virgin Mary) happened lots of events which left their marks on the abbey-church history. In 1126, the church was decimated for the second time by a terrible curse: “le mal des ardents”(food poisoning).

1 rue du Docteur Naudier - 77400 Lagny
Open 7 days a week (10 am - 6 pm)
Free entrance
No visit during the Communion service

 

 

Office du Tourisme de Marne et Gondoire
Tourist Office of Marne et Gondoire
2, rue du chemin de fer
77400 Lagny -sur-Marne
Phone. : 01 64 02 15 15
Courriel : officedetourisme@marneetgondoire.fr

Un site de la communauté d’Agglomération Marne & Gondoire

http://www.marneetgondoire.fr/index.php?id=302

StratisRéalisation